Real estate is an on-demand mobile industry. In a profession where the majority of work is outside of the office most agents will have their phones within 3 feet of themselves at all times. While the general public thinks we use our phones to gab with friends and family their use is integral to our business.
Here are a few reasons why I might be using my phone in your presence:
- Opening the lockbox with an app on my phone.
- Searching our assessor site to make sure the taxes are correct.
- Accessing our mobile MLS for more information on the property.
- Emailing the listing agent to see if there are any current offers.
- Mapping our route to the next property.
- Running and estimated net sheet with TicorAgent.
- Pulling comps through our MLS system.
- Calculating price per sqft. at different offer amounts.
- Creating a to do list of your questions.
- Texting your lender about your updated pre-approval.
- Preparing the repair addendum with the inspector right in front of us.
- Turning on the camera flashlight for that creepy basement.
- Adding notes to your file on Evernote or TP8i mobile.
- Searching the MLS for that property across the street that you asked about.
- Setting up a showing for that house across the street.
- Taking pictures or videos of things you like about the property.
- Emailing you those pictures so they’re ready when you get home.
- Checking my calendar to see if we can look at more homes tomorrow morning.
- Pulling up the showing confirmation email for a surprised seller.
- Figuring out why my phone won’t work when I need it to.
Clients… don’t be annoyed that agents are on their phones. It’s most likely that we’re doing something for your benefit.
When you hired us you got the whole package… including our phones.