The Nevada Association of Realtors® published the third installment of the “Face of Foreclosure” reports. Previously published in July of 2009 and 2011 the reports cover many aspects of the foreclosure process including;
- Reasons for default/foreclosure
- Public opinion on foreclosure/strategic default
- Foreclosure stats by area and income range
- Personal stories
The 2012 report is interesting and worth a read. Serious and non-serious points from respondents include:
- 45/45 split on morality of strategic default
- 53% have defaulted due to job loss
- 36% owned their home for 5 years or less. This is after the predatory lending and ARM loan timelines.
- 79% said owning a home is still part of the American dream
- 91% of cellphone users don’t own a land-line. Yet, service providers still try to get us to bundle it.
Click on the picture to view all the information and compare the changes throughout the years.